We will cover you up to the amount shown in the cover summary on the plan you have chosen (Ruby, Emerald, Diamond). You are covered for any non-refundable expenses you incur, or for which you are liable, for the services of any Wedding Supplier not used as a direct result of the reasonable, necessary and unavoidable cancellation or postponement by you or the wedding event caused by any of the following reasons:
1. The booked venue for the Wedding Event being unable to hold Your Wedding Event due to:
(i) ceasing to trade due to financial failure, bankruptcy, liquidation or administration.
(ii) sudden and severe physical damage to the booked venue which renders it unsafe to use, caused by fire, adverse weather or natural catastrophe.
(iii) murder or suicide at the booked venue within forty-eight (48) hours prior to the wedding date.
(iv) closure of the booked venue by a relevant authority except where the closure arises from a government act, regulation or change of law which is enforced nationally or regionally.
(v) an act of terrorism at the venue.
2. The total non-appearance of any booked and paid for professional wedding services or wedding Supplier, which would make having, or continuing with the ceremony or reception impossible.
3. Injury or sickness which results in you or an immediate family member being unable to attend the wedding event due to their treating medical practitioner advising them not to attend the wedding event .
4. the death of you or an immediate family member prior to the wedding date which would make having or continuing with the wedding event impossible or inappropriate.
5. Your unforeseen posting as a serving member of the Australian armed forces for unavoidable and necessary duty.
6. Your inability or that of your parents or step-parents (including guardians or foster parents) and the attendants of at least fifty percent (50%) of the guests to reach the booked venue due to adverse weather conditions or natural catastrophe.
7. Your redundancy, or that of any of your close relatives, who have, or would have made proven, significant, financial contributions on which the wedding arrangements depend, where notice is received at least 8 weeks after the date of purchase of this insurance and which qualifies for payment under redundancy legislation and where there is a clear intention to rearrange the wedding event.
8. An outbreak of an infectious disease at the booked venue, provided that:
(i) the outbreak is not a pandemic, epidemic or of a listed human disease specified under the Biosecurity Act 2015 (Cth), any subsequent amendments(s) thereto or similar, equivalent or replacement legislation; and
(ii) the closure of the venue is for the purposes of adhering to governmental public health, hygiene and safety guidelines and standards.
We will not pay for any claims directly or indirectly arising out of, contributed to be, or resulting from: